Welcome To Lake Country Optometry
Your Local Optometrist in Lake Country
Serving Lake Country Area including: Oyama, Carr’s Landing, Okanagan Centre, Winfield, Vernon, and Kelowna.
Getting the right prescription for your eyeglasses or contact lenses is an important part of good eye care. But seeing clearly is just one part of your overall eye health. Be sure to get regular eye exams with an optometrist, whether or not you wear eyeglasses or contacts– even if your vision is sharp.
Great eye doctors, like the ones found here at Lake Country Optometry, knows that it’s important to understanding “the big picture” when it comes to your eye health. So we take the time to get to know you, your eye care history and your vision needs. Hence, our Lake Country eye doctors know that getting the right prescription involves balancing several factors, including clear eyesight, visual efficiency, and your ability to process visual information seamlessly. Whether you need a routine eye examination, an eyeglasses fitting, choosing suitable frames, or treatment for eye disease (such as glaucoma or macular degeneration) or eye surgery (such as LASIK or cataract surgery), our optometrists will provide you with the best care, advice, options and follow-up service.
Focus Your Attention On These Key Areas
Interesting Eyecare Facts
By Dr. Reimer
Why should I buy another pair of glasses?
When faced with the question of whether to buy a new frame or re-use their old one, people will often think only of the immediate cost savings and use their old frame again. However, being dependent on one pair of glasses can put you in an awkward position if you lose or break them and there are many practical reasons why you should consider owning more than one pair.
1. Task-specific pairs of glasses optimized for activities such as golfing, computer, crafts, or reading make both work and play more enjoyable.
2. All professional drivers should have a spare pair of glasses with them when on the road.
3. Many people enjoy having a choice of frames – for different activities, or just for different “looks”.
4. Anyone who wears reading glasses will tell you an extra pair(s) is worth the cost.
5. Being forced to buy a new pair of glasses in a hurry may mean limited choices while imposing the expense on you when you least expect it.
So next time you consider replacing your glasses, keep these things in mind. And always keep your most recent pair in case of emergency!
Your Trusted Optometrist in Winfield & Lake Country, BC
If you want an eye doctor you can trust, schedule your eye exam today!