Medical Office Assistant/Optometric Assistant
We are a growing optometry practice based in Lake Country BC. Our mission is to provide Lake Country and surrounding areas with the highest quality of vision care, products, and services. Our exceptional, friendly staff is our greatest asset and we are looking for a dynamic, professional Medical Office Assistant/Optometric Assistant to join our team. You will be working 3-5 days a week, available some evenings and weekends. Optometric experience is considered an asset, but we will train the right candidate.
As a Medical Office Assistant/Optometric Assistant you will take charge of our patients, from when they are checked in until they see the Doctor. You will discuss the patient’s main concerns and assist them through various test procedures, in preparation to see the Doctor. You must be a great communicator who provides exceptional patient care. You will have good manual dexterity, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Previous optical or retail experience is an asset; being passionate about delivering a fantastic customer experience is a must! This is a part time position with the potential to become full time for a suitable applicant.
- You must be open to working with patients of all ages
- You must have empathy and patience for people in all walks of life
- You will work in close proximity to your patients in one-on-one situations
- You are committed to excelling as a member of a high performing team
- You will be responsible for the sanitization of all exam rooms and equipment, in addition to common touch points in the office
- You possess a willingness to take on new tasks and cross train other positions
As a health provider Lake Country Optometry is committed to following all local health authority guidelines. As such, we have a strict mask policy for staff and patients. And our office is 100% Covid19 immunized!
This position is ideal for anyone with a background or interest in health care, nursing, or medical offices of any kind.
- Competitive wages
- Health and Wellness benefits
- Sundays off
- Free pair of eyeglasses annually + other employee discounts + employee incentive program
- A dynamic team workplace culture where collaboration is fostered
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
If you possess a positive attitude, a desire to learn, and are team oriented then we look forward to hearing from you!
Apply online today to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.