Lake Country Optometry ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
Our office is now open!
All services including eye exams, adjustments and to pick up your eyewear, will be by appointment only due to our limited office capacity. To schedule an appointment for any of these services, please call 250-766-4240 or fill out the appointment request form on our website.
Due to the extent of the closures, we are prioritizing eye exams to see emergencies first, then those patients whose appointments were cancelled due to the closure, and then others due for their annual exams. Service for eye wear such as purchasing new glasses or sunglasses, or repairs of existing glasses will also be done by appointment. Please call ahead.
The safety and well-being of our community is our top priority. We are implementing office-wide changes to ensure your safety from the COVID-19 virus. Here’s what that means:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Regarding Your Appointment:
- Please arrive on time; late arrivals cannot be accommodated. Plan to arrive early ‘just in case’.
- If you cannot make your appointment, we ask for 24-hour notice of cancellation.
- Cancellations will not be re-booked until all of our back-log is completely accommodated (we anticipate that will be 6 months at a minimum).
- Please attend your appointment alone unless a care giver is absolutely required.
- No groups of more than 2 people can be accommodated in the clinic at any time.
- Family Groups will be required to enter as discreet 2 person groups.
- You will be asked to text or call us when you arrive in the parking area (250-808-4698).
- When we are ready to see you, we will instruct you to come to the door.
- We will remotely unlock the door for you to enter.
- You must don a mask BEFORE entering our clinic (please bring your own if you have one; cloth masks are permitted).
- Alternately, you can purchase a mask here for $2. It will be passed to you through the door to don before entering.
- Wearing a mask is MANDATORY during your entire visit until you have exited the clinic.
- You must apply and fully distribute hand sanitizer (provided) immediately after entering the clinic.
- You may choose to don your own fresh gloves if you prefer.
- All care givers must observe the same protocols as patients (masks, sanitation, office flow)
- Please do not bring jackets and other personal belongings to the office.
- You should bring only:
- your glasses, sunglasses
- a list of medications (dosage not required and please don’t bring the bottles)
- and your health and payment cards
- We will continue curbside pick up for completed orders – please call ahead and tell us you are coming. Payments must be made prior by credit card or e-transfer.
- Follow up appointments may be arranged by tele-optometry methods or phone calls to minimize office visits if possible.
- We will be emailing a Welcome Package of information, AND a consent form in a separate email. Please open and sign, and return to us digitally (instructions will be included.)
- We will call to confirm 2 days prior to appointment.
- As always, call us if you have any questions: 250-766-4240.
Regarding Our Processes:
- All patient visits will be by appointment only. ‘Walk-ins’ will not be possible.
- Our appointments are being spaced to accommodate all the Covid19 changes required.
- We will screen all patients for COVID-19 risk prior to entry in the clinic.
- Everyone in the clinic will wear a mask at all times.
- We’ll still offer a friendly (masked) smile – but unfortunately must minimize talking and socialization to protect everyone.
- All our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- All common ‘touch points’ will be sterilized between patients (eg handles, counters, chairs, payment machines etc).
- All clinical instruments will be sterilized between patients.
- We will practice social distancing wherever possible (limited by some procedures); we appreciate your cooperation.
- Patient flow will be carefully controlled to allow for social distancing and sanitization.