Lake Country Optometry Open & Offering Appointments!
Our office is open!
All services including eye exams, adjustments and to pick up your eye wear, will be by appointment only due to our limited office capacity. To schedule an appointment for any of these services, please call 250-766-4240 or fill out the appointment request form on our website.
Service for eye wear such as purchasing new glasses or sunglasses, or repairs of existing glasses will also be done by appointment. Please call ahead.
The safety and well-being of our community is our top priority. We are implementing office-wide changes to ensure your safety from the COVID-19 virus. Here’s what that means:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Regarding Our Processes:
- All patient visits will be by appointment only. ‘Walk-ins’ will not be possible.
- Our appointments are being spaced to accommodate all the COVID-19 changes required.
- We will screen all patients for COVID-19 risk prior to entry in the clinic.
- Everyone in the clinic will wear a mask at all times.
- We’ll still offer a friendly (masked) smile – but unfortunately must minimize talking and socialization to protect everyone.
- All our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- All common ‘touchpoints’ will be sterilized between patients (eg handles, counters, chairs, payment machines, etc).
- All clinical instruments will be sterilized between patients.
- We will practice social distancing wherever possible (limited by some procedures); we appreciate your cooperation.
- Patient flow will be carefully controlled to allow for social distancing and sanitization.
Regarding Your Appointment:
- Please arrive on time; late arrivals cannot be accommodated.
- If you cannot make your appointment, we ask for 24-hour notice of cancellation.
- Please attend your appointment alone unless a caregiver is required.
- Family Groups will be required to enter as discreet 2 person groups.
- When we are ready to see you, we will instruct you to come to the door.
- We will remotely unlock the door for you to enter.
- Come to the door and ring the buzzer on the intercom panel.
- We will confirm that you are not experiencing any COVID symptoms (and ask a couple questions), and if negative, we will remotely unlock the door for you to enter.
- You must don a clean 3-ply disposable mask upon entering the clinic. Please bring your own if you have one; if you don’t, a mask will be provided.
- Wearing a mask is MANDATORY during your entire visit until you have exited the clinic.
- You must apply and fully distribute hand sanitizer (provided) immediately after entering the clinic. You may choose to don your own fresh gloves if you prefer.
- All caregivers must observe the same protocols as patients (masks, sanitation, office flow)
- Please bring minimal personal belongings to the office. You should bring:
- your glasses, sunglasses
- a list of medications (dosage not required and please don’t bring the bottles)
- and your health and payment cards
- We will continue curbside pick up for completed orders if you prefer – please call ahead and tell us you are coming. Payments must be made prior by credit card or e-transfer.
- Follow up appointments may be arranged by tele-optometry methods or phone calls to minimize office visits if possible.
- We will send you an email to confirm your appointment and clarify the above information. Please note there are 2 parts: a link to confirm your appointment, and the link to an intake form. Please fill out the consent form which will be returned to us digitally (instructions will be included.)