Skip to main content
Home » Eye Care Services » Eye Emergencies

Eye Emergencies

When to Seek Ophthalmologist (Specialist) Care

If you have a penetrating injury, a lid laceration or have experienced a chemical burn, proceed directly to your ophthalmologist’s (eye surgeon) office or to the hospital.

Contact our optometry practice for the following emergency conditions:

  • Sudden loss of vision or visual field
  • Recent onset eye pain with or without redness
  • Flashes or floaters with vision loss
  • Acute ocular trauma
  • Foreign body
  • Corneal abrasion
  • Changes in Amsler Grid (for those with macular degeneration)
  • Diabetic patients who see “red”
  • Sudden onset photophobia (light sensitivity)
  • Contact lens patients with pain or redness

Refractive Surgery Co-Management