Our office is closed indefinitely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
What does this mean for our patients?
- Eye Emergencies: call 250-808-4698 and leave a message. Dr. Reimer will return your call and arrange care. DO NOT go to a walk-in clinic or the ER at the hospital
- Routine Eye Exams: If you were scheduled for a routine eye examination in April, we have attempted to contact you to inform you that we are closed. We will reschedule your appointment as soon as we know when we will be able to reopen. We anticipate having to reschedule most of May appointments as well.
- I need to replace my glasses. What do I do? Please leave a message on our answering machine at 250-766-4240, or email us firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do whatever we can to help you with repairs and reorders. We will try to arrange to drop off and pick up service outside our door at appointed times only, or arrange to mail your eyewear on a case by case basis ($20 mailing fee).
- I’m nearly out of contact lenses. What do I do? Please leave a message on our answering machine at 250-766-4240, or email us email@example.com. We can place an order for your contact lenses; and many companies are willing to ship directly to your house. Please be clear about how many boxes you want to order, and confirm the brand if you know it.
- I need a refill on the medication prescribed to me by the practice. What do I do? Please leave a message on our answering machine at 250-766-4240, or email us firstname.lastname@example.org. We can send a refill for your prescription directly to your pharmacy so that you have the medication that you need. Please clarify which pharmacy it should be sent to.
- Other concerns (ie. need more artificial tears) – when will you call me back? Our phones (250-766-4240) will be answered Tues & Thursday mornings from 9-12, and the answering machine will be available for messages outside of those hours.
Our top priority is your health and well-being. Please join us and practice rigorous social distancing to slow the spread of the virus so that those who require care have access to necessary and limited healthcare resources.
Dr. Karla Reimer and the team at Lake Country Optometry